Friday, February 29, 2008

I'll second that ... actually, I said it first

"McCain's Iraq Fantasia"

"And my friends, if we left, they (al-Qaida) wouldn't be establishing a base," McCain said Wednesday. "They'd be taking a country, and I'm not going to allow that to happen, my friends. I will not surrender. I will not surrender to al-Qaida."

... They'd be taking a country? Last time I checked, Iraq has a Shi'ite majority. McCain thinks the Shi'ites--the Mahdi Army, the Badr Corps (and yes, the Iranians)--would allow a small group of Sunni extremists to take over?
Joe Klein knows what he's talking about. And of course, as you well know, so do I.

There are still people in this country that don't know the difference between the Shia and Sunnis. Take the ignorant Chickenhawk blowhard who stupidly commented here a few months ago that Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda were Shia Muslims and allies with Iran.

Fortunately there aren't as many stupid and scared sheep like that left who will fall for the fear-mongers like John McCain anymore.

Nice piece, Mr. Klein.