Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Geez, that's not the story I've been hearing

"But when Mark Salter, McCain's closest aide and co-author, was asked by the Arizona New Times about the first McCain memoir, Faith of My Fathers, that he was then working on, Salter said the book would showcase a humble McCain. When I worked on this book with him, he just kept saying, "Other guys had it a lot worse. I think they took it easier on me because of who my dad was. . . . When they tied me in ropes, they'd roll my sleeve up to give it a little padding between the rope and my bicep, you know, little things I noticed. The only really hard time I had was when I didn't go home, and then it only lasted a week, and sometimes I felt braver, I felt I could get away with more.'"

Man, and that's from Mark Salter?

I think John McCain and the Navy need to release the other 617 pages of McCain's Navy records. You know, the same way wingnuts insisted John Kerry do in 2004? The Navy has only released 19 pages of McCain's military file and the American public deserves to see the rest.

There are way too many unanswered questions and conflicting tales about McCain's military record. And of course, we know the wingnuts will be consistent and demand to see his records like they did with John Kerry.

Let's get the facts out on the table and let the American people decide.