Wednesday, January 31, 2007

John McCain, the Forked Tongue Express

It didn’t take long for McCain to backtrack from redeployment. Last night, in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, McCain said under no scenario would he consider withdrawing troops, even if escalation fails. He said he would only consider it when “we have the situation under control.”

In the interview, McCain also said Vice President Cheney was wrong to state that there have been enormous successes in Iraq. McCain claimed he has “bitterly disagreed” with the “failed strategy” for more than three years. In fact, here’s what he said approximately a year ago:

"I think the situation on the ground is going to improve. I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent."
(TP)

Couple of real assholes there, buddy...