Sunday, June 10, 2012

What do you have to say, Teabaggers?

Here is a nice editorial in my local Sunday morning newspaper that reminds us all of just how hypocritical wingnuts are.  Of course, it's not a surprise to me because all the phony-conservative teabagging wingnuts I know never served either so I guess that's why they have no problem supporting a punk who spent three years in France avoiding serving our country.
"In 2007, a year before his unsuccessful presidential bid, Romney said he "longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there, and in some ways, it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."

Really? He "longed" to actually be in Vietnam? Who do you know who "longed" to be in that war?

But if he really wanted to serve, why didn't he?

Well, the answer is simple, if you believe what he said in 1994.

"It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam, but nor did I take any actions to remove myself from the pool of young men who were eligible for the draft," he said.

That's just not true. Romney sought and received multiple draft deferments, first as a Mormon missionary and then as a college student. Then, in the 1970 draft lottery, he drew a number that relieved him of any chance of being drafted."
Defend that teabaggers. Of course, you can't so you will just ignore the fact that your boy is coward who ran to France when it was his turn. That's so typical of you.