Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Go Giants!

Yankees are back again and who are they playing, the Texas Rangers.  I haven't rooted for a team from the state of Texas in 36 years.  I don't think I've ever rooted for the Yankees.  Unless rooting for Maris in 61 counts.

The San Francisco Giants are in the National League Championship series playing the Philadelphia Phillies.  I can't remember the Giants ever playing in the World Series.   I guess they did in 2002 and 1989. 

I like the Phillies.   I like Pennsylvania.  I really like the Tigers but they're all back in the Dominican by now.   I saw the Phillies play in Milwaukee two years ago when they won the World Series.  But I'm going pull for the Giants this year.  They haven't won the Series since 1954.  

Oh yeah, that's right...1989.    That was when the Loma Prieta earthquake happened during the World Series game between the Oakland A's and the Giants.  Damn, how did I forget that?

...Wait, did the Yankees play Cuba once?