Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Smacking down ignorance with the 'truth'

“It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant. They think it’s funny that they're making fun of something that is actually true. They need to do their homework.”

Instead of running ads about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, they should go talk to some energy experts and actually make a difference.”

... I’m happy to have a battle of words because I’ve got facts on my side. I’ve got truth on my side. I fear no man when I’ve got truth on my side,” Barack Obama said.
Eight hundred thousand is more than 200,000, right?

The Energy Information Agency (EIA) clearly states that "additional offshore drilling would add 200,000 barrels to the 2030 production".

Frank Verrastro, Director and Senior Fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), clearly confirms that if just 10% of U.S. drivers - the number he estimates who drive with their tires not properly inflated and/or in need of a tune-up - "the production offset is more likely to approach 800 thousand barrels per day".

End of story. The 'truth' prevails.

And no, only about 10% of them "take pride in being ignorant". The other 90% can't help it.