Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Then what the hell are we doing there, General?

Senator John Warner: Are you able to say at this time if we continue what you have laid before the congress here,this strategy. do you feel that that is making America safer?

General Petraeus: Sir, I believe this is indeed the best course of action to achieve our objectives in Iraq.

Warner: Does that make America safer?

General Petraeus: Sir I don't know actually. I have not sat down and sorted in my own mind what I have focued on and what I have been riveted on is how to accomplish the mission of the multinational force Iraq.

I know the answer to that -- Going to Iraq, and our 4 1/2 year occupation, not only has not made us 'safer', it's made us less safe, and it's cost this nation dearly.

Going to Iraq, along with this administration's abject incompetence, is why Osama bin Laden is still talking shit and al-Qaeda has gotten stronger.

And, are we suppose to believe 'Betray Us' when says he's never 'sorted' out in his 'mind' whether the situation in Iraq has made us safer or not?

Is there any wonder why the majority of the country knew Petraeus would lie to us before even gave Bush's report?

General 'Betray Us', is the perfect name for this liar.